Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins
These muffins are perfect for a quick grab-and-go snack or something to with your breakfast
- 1 Muffin Pan
- 2 Mixing Bowls One for dry & wet ingredients
- 1 cup Quick Oats
- 1 cup All-Purpose flor You can substitute this with a different type of flour
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Raisins This is optional
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Applesauce sweet or unsweetened is fine
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg Can be substituted with Flaxseed mixed with water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Spray or paper line 12 (2 ½ – inch) muffin cups.
- Combine oats, flour, sugar, raisins, baking power, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl.
- Combine the applesauce, egg, vegetable oil and vanilla extract into a separate bowl.
- Add all at once to oat mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Divide evenly among prepared muffin cups
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.